– I finished editing the second chapter of my book manuscript! I was only able to do this because I skipped a department meeting on Wednesday. I’m not proud of this, but work on this project has got to get done.
– I edited four more stories for my Ghost Stories chapbook and touched up the design for the back cover. Everything is looking great! I’m really excited about sharing this when it’s ready.
– I wrote 2,500 words of The Demon King. Although I’ve already written the first chapter, I’m not starting at the beginning, but rather with scenes that I can already see clearly in my mind. Now that I’ve begun to get a better sense of the characters, and I think it’s time to create a chapter outline.
– I’m still working on a Breath of the Wild postgame fanfic called “The Seven Heroines.” I’m done with the first (very rough) draft, and I think the story is probably going to be finished next week at about 2,000 words.
– I wrote half a dozen recommendation letters. Two of these were basically form letters, but I put a considerable amount of effort into the rest.
– I’ve been working to prepare for a panel on Isao Takahata at Anime NYC. I’m also introducing a screening of one of the director’s films, My Neighbors the Yamadas, at the Japan Society. This got a press release on Anime News Network, which is kind of cool. I’m not going to lie – this trip to New York is a big deal for me, and I’m nervous.