– I posted Chapter 28 of Malice on AO3. I wrote this chapter from the limited third-person perspective of a new viewpoint character who knows all sorts of things that are still mysteries to the two main viewpoint characters. This character takes these things for granted, however, and she doesn’t really understand that other people don’t necessarily know what she does. (She also happens to be my self-insert character.) It was a challenge to write this sort of perspective in a way that blended in with the rest of the story, and I’m starting to think I might have to make a chart along the lines of “who knows what at which point in time.” This is going to be a pain in the ass, but novels are like that sometimes.
– I also edited Chapter 26 and posted it on FFN.
– I finished the first drafts of the rest of the stories in “It Never Happened.” I’ve still got a lot of material left over, but I’m going to save it for the third chapbook in the series, which I think I’m going to call “Philadelphia Doesn’t Exist.”
– I posted my first Demon King comic on Tumblr. I created it from scratch on Photoshop despite still being very shaky with the stylus. This was fun and didn’t actually take that long to make, but I think I still need to spend more time figuring out the character designs before I can begin posting on a weekly basis. It might also be helpful to start putting together a color palette.
Now that I’ve adjusted to the idea of leaving my job and started to get a handle on this semester’s classes, I think it might be a good idea to jump back into academic writing. This is what I’d like to focus on during the next few weeks:
– Writing a short review (maybe 700 words?) of Chris Kohler’s book on Final Fantasy V
– Editing my short essay (of maybe 4,000 words?) on Hiromi Kawakami
– Getting in touch with the journal editors to see if they’d be interested in publishing my Kawakami translation as well
– Returning to my article (of about 7,000 words?) on Wind Waker and Breath of the Wild