– I edited my chapter outline for Malice to streamline the story, and I cut three of my planned chapters. Each of the remaining story arcs will now have six chapters. I think I might take a long hiatus from posting the story after the fourth arc. I want to wait until we have more information about the Breath of the Wild sequel, and I think it might be worthwhile to hold off until another trailer comes out so that I can benefit from renewed attention in the Zelda franchise. I’ll see how I feel when the times comes, I guess.
– I went ahead and posted Chapter 36 of Malice. This is a short chapter that serves as more of a transition than anything else, but I enjoyed myself. I’m super grateful to the marvelous and talented TheRVStar for providing an illustration!
– I also wrote super rough drafts of Chapter 37 and Chapter 38, and I wrote a bit of Chapter 39 and Chapter 40. I also commissioned an illustration for Chapter 41 that I’m pretty sure is going to be amazing.
– I edited Chapter 35 and posted it on FFN.
– I left reviews on a handful of zines on Etsy. I’ve been trying to figure out what I like about zines, and I think it probably has something to do with the pleasure of reading things printed on physical paper. In any case, Sarah Mirk’s anthology Year of Zines was a wonderful discovery that I made this week.
– I got some stickers back in stock on my own Etsy store, and I mailed out a lot of orders this week. I went ahead and raised the prices of my zines by a small amount. I’m still not making money, but I think it might be better in the long run to match my prices with those of other sellers so that I can at least break even.
– Speaking of zines, I finished the super rough drafts of all the stories for my Haunted Houses horror-themed flash fiction zine. During the coming week I’ll put together a PDF document to send to the artist I’d like to create the cover illustration.
Onwards and upwards, friends. Stay safe, and stay sane.