– I posted Chapter 37 of Malice.
– I edited Chapter 36 and posted it on FFN.
– My writing style has changed since I began the story, so I decided to start editing the chapters again from the beginning. I took care of Chapter 1 this week. I also updated the story description and tags on AO3 and FFN.
– I commissioned a big illustration for the fifth story arc!
– I edited the stories in Haunted Houses, put all of them into a PDF document, and sent it to the cover artist. I’ve been friends with this person for a few years, and I’m really looking forward to working with them.
– I started editing my recent posts on my book review blog. I intended to do this earlier this year, but I was derailed by various unpleasant circumstances. I’ll continue this project next week. I’d also like to update some of the blog’s side pages.
– I began working on a short story that I’d like to submit to an anthology of short horror fiction based on public-domain literary works. My piece is a twist on The Tale of Genji, and I’m having a delightful time writing it. The call for submissions was only posted earlier this month, and the deadline is next weekend. I hope I’ll be able to make it.
I don’t have anything clever to say about this week. It’s been a nightmare, but I was finally able to (hopefully) conclude the ongoing saga of my messy divorce from the university where I worked for the past six years. I’ve also been taking care of all the prep work for packing up my apartment and moving to Philadelphia. It might be possible that I own far too many books for my own good. I know how pretentious this sounds, but that doesn’t make it any less true, unfortunately.